(f/m/d) in Mannheim and/or remote
flexword Germany GmbH is an internationally operating language service provider with a business focus on translation management. Since 1992 we have developed into one of the top-performing language service providers in the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, with additional locations in Great Britain, the US and Serbia.
- processing customer inquiries
- preparing quotations
- organising and conducting written and telephone consultations
- conducting quotation negotiations at least in German and English
- managing translation projects using the available CAT systems SDL Trados Studio, Across, MemoQ, Transit and other CAT tools
- organisation and, if necessary, carrying out pre-editing and translation engineering
- working together with the DTP department
- putting together and coordinating the team of translators:verifying the suitability of translators and proofreaders, calculating and negotiating prices, assigning the document to be translated as a whole to the individual translators based on capacities and other parameters, setting the delivery deadlines for translators, monitoring project progress, connecting terminology databases and ensuring the exchange of the applicable terminology by the translators involved, resolving, forwarding, assessing and monitoring terminology queries from the participating translators
- quality checks and quality assurance during the translation and correction process
- organising and carrying out post-formatting of texts as required
- carrying out all the necessary quality assurance steps and/or ensuring that they are followed within the scope of spot checks and final inspections
- Supplier assessment and supplier management: acquisition and assessment of qualified translators, interpreters and proofreaders, negotiating prices with translators, proofreaders and other suppliers, maintaining good relations and connections with suppliers
- participation in projects for quality assurance, customer satisfaction and customer retention
- You have a degree in a translation-related or commercial/language-based discipline or a comparable degree.
- Or for those changing careers: You have completed training as a commercial/administrative assistant, business administrator, marketing administrator, foreign language clerk or in a comparable commercial/linguistic occupation.
- You have professional experience in either translation management or in the commercial sector, customer service, office communication, trading and distribution or in other language-related commercial fields.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Word with all its features (format/style sheets, references and links, embedding graphics, files, diagrams, reviewing functions, etc.).
- You have an affinity for languages, are proficient in business and foreign language correspondence and are used to cooperating with customers and suppliers to work out the best possible solutions for all parties.
- You have extensive experience of creating presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and are familiar with spreadsheet and formula functions in Microsoft Excel.
- You have an affinity with IT and can quickly and intuitively get to grips with other new software programmes.
- You are fluent in written and spoken German (C2 level).
- You are fluent in written and spoken English (C1 level).
We offer you
- A dynamic, fair, mutually supportive team of colleagues
- An international, multi-lingual working environment
- Secure employment with a stable, growing employer
- The possibility of mobile working combined with regular meetings in Mannheim
- extensive training and support during the induction phase
- career development and promotional opportunities
- An efficient and innovative software landscape and solutions for every task set
- Short communication channels, flat hierarchies
- A varied, exciting task portfolio
- Satisfied clients from all kinds of industries and translators from all over the world who value the cooperation with flexword
You offer us
- team spirit and an enjoyment of dealing with people
- a strong service mentality
- loyalty and reliability
- an ablity to cope with pressure, resilience and flexibility
- commitment, high self-motivation and initiative
- an ability to multitask
- an independent, structured, problem-solving-based way of working
Can you identify with our corporate philosophy, can you keep a cool head in stressful situations, are you motivated and results-oriented and do you always manage to remain fair and cooperative? Then you should definitely apply!
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents including a letter of motivation with salary expectations, curriculum vitae, references and, if applicable, training and university certificates.
Please send us your applications documents by email only to the following email address. Applications by post may not be considered for organisational reasons and may not be returned.
You can score additional points with these add-ons:
- another foreign language at native or C2 level
- experience with CAT tools (SDL, Across, MemoQ, Passolo, Transit, etc.) and/or DTP software such as InDesign, FrameMaker, QuarkXpress, AutoCad or other editorial software tools
Incidentally, this job is also suitable for anyone changing career from the following professions: logistics managers, purchasing managers, foreign language correspondents, business administrators (technical college/apprenticeship), European secretaries, foreign language secretaries, commercial assistants and office communication, haulage, logistics, wholesale and foreign trade, export, sales, purchasing clerks.